Just like you, I love animals. Their care, rescue, and conservation has always been my heart’s passion.

Ocala, Florida (Horse Capital of the World™) is where I roamed as a kid. My mom, grandma, sister, and I lived on 15 acres filled with magical and majestic 100+ year old oak trees.

And because stray animals of all kinds seemed to “mysteriously” show up on our doorstep we always had quite the menagerie.

I’ve worked closely with every farm and domestic animal you can think of as well as the wild animals who inhabit the forests and rivers of Marion County.

Over the years, I’ve also volunteered at a number of exotic and big animal sanctuaries.

Currently, I live in my beloved Florida 6 rescue cats and a rescue Chihuahua/Terrier mix.

Why I built What Is My Spirit Animal.com

Bernadette King Shamanic Practitioner 800x530

I built What Is My Spirit Animal.com as a labor of love and as an answer to one of the strongest callings I’ve ever had.

It’s my way of honoring the spiritual connection we all have with the animal kingdom.

During times when I’ve been down, animals have always been there to lift up and heal my spirit.

Their innate capacity for unconditional love and complete forgiveness have been my greatest inspiration.

The life lessons they’ve taught me have been and continue to be among the most profound.

To that end, my sincere wish is that folks find the information on these pages helps them to;

• Better understand their own relationship with animals
  • Become more conscious of and comfortable with their own animalistic nature (including their shadow side)
  • Discover and connect to their Animal Spirit Guides
  • Develop their animal communication skills
  • Recognize and interpret the symbolic meanings of Spirit, Totem, and Power Animals
  • Utilize the ancient, natural, and divine wisdom of the animal kingdom to enrich their lives
  • Learn about the folklore, myths, traditions, and rituals from around the world which include animals as part of the culture’s sacred experience

Animal Communication

Bernadette King Animal Communication 800x600

For as long as I can remember, animals have gravitated to me.

Once, I walked into the pet department of a big box store and a group of employees had an aisle blocked off.

They were searching for something so I asked the worker nearest to me what was going on.

“A stray cat got in a couple days ago and nobody can catch him. Now it’s up under that pallet of food and we don’t want to move it for fear it will kill the darned thing or he’ll just run somewhere else in the store.”, he said.

I asked to speak to the manager.

I told him, “If you’ll get these folks to leave and just give me a few minutes, I likely can get the cat.”

He laughed and said, “OK, lady. Give it your best shot!”.

5 minutes later I had the (now) calm, cool, and collected kitty in my arms and waved to the stunned manager as I walked out the door.

Today, pet moms and dads from all over the world contact me for animal communication readings.

BuildingBeautifulSouls.com

In many articles here on WhatIsMySpiritAnimal.com you’ll see references to Chakras, Zodiac Signs, Dreams, and many different Symbols & Meanings. I write about all these metaphysical subjects on my sister-site, BuildingBeautifulSouls.com. Come visit me there!

Shamanic, Spirit Animal, Psychic, Tarot, and Mediumship Readings

For many years, I’ve been a professional psychic medium, Shamanic practitioner, animal communicator, and Spirit, Totem, & Power Animal practitioner.

Additionally, I love the art of tarot reading and will flip cards at every opportunity.

My deep soul connection with animals naturally developed into the work I do now as an animal communicator.

Click to book a reading.

Please feel free to see my Google Reviews.

Please feel free to contact me!

Stay wild,
Bernadette King

15 thoughts on “About Me

1. Paris says:

Hello Bernadette!
    This is Paris Wixon ~ we met at the John Holland event in St. Petersburg Florida!
    I just wanted to touch base with you and give you my email address. Hopefully, we can find time to connect!

2. Laura Gray says:

Bernadette,

I have come to this sight before, and I just had a magical experience. I went to my father’s grave and saw a fox-white in color, or blonde. He was on a hill in front of the entrance, and the day of the eclipse, I also saw a pack of coyotes, nine, running on the hill beside my car. I have no idea about your medicine, but am wondering if there is a connection with all in those group-or my spirit guides have shown themselves? Also in January I was on an island, and a fox appeared in front of my car, he was red and right in front of me. Feel free to contact me if you like. The site is fascinating-I have it saved on my favorites on my computer.

Laura

3. Stella Lopez says:

So, I was at a Catholic Women Retreat up in the mountains of Colorado and we were sitting around praying for our families and gratitude and especially for my bro Leo who has stage 4 colon cancer. When what comes strolling up to the sliding glass doors but a beautiful black lab wearing a red scarf with a long dog tag on. One of the ladies said, his name is LEO, I think I went into some kind of trance, because Leo is my brother’s name and what are the chances of a black beautiful dog with a red scarf with the dog tag name LEO to step onto the patio and look in to the house wagging his tail happy to see us and we are in the middle of one our praying session. I got up and went over to the sliding glass door and made the sign of the cross on LEO and we literally gave each other the stare down. First his eyes turned silver then they turned normal. It was a sign from Our Lord. My brother has since started his chemo therapy and not one side affect. Such Blessings from Above.

4. Renesme Cullen says:

Hi Bernadette( sorry if I didn’t spell your name right) I recently took the test and got a butterfly so I wanted to make sure it’s completely right and I got a wolf so I wanted to make sure it was correct so I took the test again and got wolf once more, making it for sure that way spirit animal is a wolf. Thank you very much for making what’smyspiritanimal.com. I’ve been trying to figure out what my spirit animal is and I am so happy to be at least a little bit close to finding out with my spirit animal is.

Renesme Cullen

5. Alyson says:

Hi Bernadette, I love your website and your art work, but I wonde Ed whether anyone else has ever pointed out that the koala is not a ‘bear’ . It is however a “bugbear” of mine and many Aussies when we hear people refer to the koala, as a koala bear. I’d love to see you update your koala card and web content to reflect that. Thank you for your wonderful work! Alyson

6. jeffrey alton harrison says:

Good morning, in August 2 days after the full moon ,I went outside to watch the moon rise, I was sitting on the ground with my knees up and had shorts on ,I was looking up at the stars and felt something tickling my knee and lowered my eyes to see what was there thinking it was probably a neighbors dog and soon realized that the head was too big to be a dog and realized it was a mountain lion !!! What I felt tickling my knee was it’s whiskers ,it was sniffing my knee .I was not frightened but felt a gentleness of curiosity and felt a feminine spirit . She stood there in full profile right in front of me about a foot away facing north . Seconds feel like hours and she vanished . Then I heard something and said to myself please come back and visit and less than 5 seconds later there she was again right in front of me now facing south and again seconds feel like hours and she was gone .

7. Lynsmagic says:

Hello Bernadette,

Thank you for your wisdom, I have been reading nature for many years and live pretty much in the interconnected realm of intuition and nature speak. I would love some feedback of the curious happens of late (many months actually) it started with a noisy minor tapping daily on our window which some months ago replace by 2 mud larks – peewees. The upper windows, front and back door and the windows of our toilets. They gather as if nesting and splat it on the windows. Everyday from sun up till sun down.

I am dreaming of my own nest (in a rental – thus limited of my expansion) though I have truly enjoyed and nested where I am.

Would you have anything to add I sometimes think that the greatness of my dreams are selfish and yet I dream of only a home in nature and to ‘bare witness’ the magic of All of All Life.

Lynsmagic