Frog Facts & Trivia
- There is no taxonomic distinction between frogs and toads
- Each species of frog has a unique call
- Many frogs are at risk of extinction
- Frogs are carnivorous, feeding mostly on insects and invertebrates
- Frogs use their sticky, muscular tongue to catch and swallow food.
- There are approximately 4,740 species of frogs around the entire world.
- Frogs can be found almost anywhere except the Antartica.
- Frogs have webbed feet for swimming.
- Frog enemies are bats, heron, fish racoons, snakes, turtles and humans.
- Male frogs sing.
- Frogs hibernate in the wintertime.
- A frog usually has smooth, moist, skin, is slimy and jumps
- A frog won’t turn into a prince, no matter how many times you kiss him!
- The largest living species of frog is the Goliath frog, which can weigh as much as 8 pounds
- Frogs absorb water through their skin.
- There are about 90 species of frogs in the United States.
- The largest from is the Goliath frog which can grow up to 7 pounds.
- Frogs can live up to seven years.
- The Cricket frog can leap 40 times its length in one jump!
- Frogs can breathe by means of the lungs and also through their skin.
- A group of frogs is called an army.
- Asian tree frogs build nests in trees over water so that when the tadpoles hatch they drop directly into the water.
- Since Pictish times, the frog has been considered lucky in Scotland.
- In Egypt the frog is the symbol of life and fertility,
- A frog’s eyes bulge out so he can see in almost any direction.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Amphibia
- Order: Carnivora
- Family: Neobatrachian
- The Princess and the Frog (2009)
- Freddie the Frog (1992)
- Frogs (1972)
- Kiss That Frog by Peter Gabriel
- Peace Frog by The Doors
- The Frog Prince by Keane
- The Little Green Frog Song by Rainbow Songs
- Dig ’emHoney Smacks advertising logo
- Frogger, from a video game
- Kermit the Frog, from the TV show “Sesame Street”
- Mr. Toad, from the novel “The Wind in the Willows”
- Robin,Kermit the Frog;s nephew, from the TV show “Sesame Street”
- Prince Frederic, from the movie “Freddie the Frog”
- Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana, from the movie “The Princess and the Frog”
- Trevor, from the novel “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”
***Special Note About Comments***
WhatIsMySpiritAnimal.com is SO blessed to receive TONS of readers and commenters from all over the globe. We have thousands of participants and I would love to personally respond to each comment and question. Though I'm trying to figure out how to be more like the Octopus and have eight arms to work with, for now I only have two. This means I can only respond as time allows. If your Spirit, Totem, or Power Animal question is deeply important to you, perhaps you'll consider booking a Shamanic Spirit Animal Reading with me.