What Is My Spirit Animal
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Crickets.... it's so quiet here

TheLastChanceCrone

It's the 7th of September, and hopefully fall will be approaching us for those in the northern hemisphere. For the southern, spring!!!

I've always been fascinated with how does that work -- Halloween in the Spring ;0 Christmas in the Summer....

I don't know if I could ever get used to living in the Southern Hemisphere and holidays.

Anyway, it's gotten seriously quiet here.

Everyone okay?

mawbbb

It's the 7th of September, and hopefully fall will be approaching us for those in the northern hemisphere. For the southern, spring!!!

I've always been fascinated with how does that work -- Halloween in the Spring ;0 Christmas in the Summer....

I don't know if I could ever get used to living in the Southern Hemisphere and holidays.

Everyone okay?
Yes, I've been "lurking". I meant to respond to your post regarding your dreams. And I don't think I knew you were in the Cleveland area - so am I :)

CherylTegrarian

Everyone okay?
Chirp chirp 😂

Mark Ravenheart

I am only 2 1/2 hours south of Cincinnati. Wouldn't it be cool if several of us were able to gather and visit? I suppose there is some risk involved these days, but we could take measures to reduce those risks. We could have lunch or go to the zoo together and marvel at the animals, etc. I know I am dreaming but I am trying to dream a new world into being!!! Wish me luck.

This reminds me, it is Fall here and soon we will notice spiders visiting our homes due to cooler temperatures. If you want a good spider deterrent take a cotton ball and add several drops of peppermint supreme essential oil and rub it along the edges of your doors and windows to prevent them from entering your home. Spiders hate peppermint oil and it forms a barrier to prevent arachnid home invasions. 🕷🕷🕷

Last edited:

mawbbb

I am only 2 1/2 hours south of Cincinnati. Wouldn't it be cool if several of us were able to gather and visit? I suppose there is some risk involved these days, but we could take measures to reduce those risks. We could have lunch or go to the zoo together and marvel at the animals, etc. I know I am dreaming but I am trying to dream a new world into being!!! Wish me luck.

This reminds me, it is Fall here and soon we will notice spiders visiting our homes due to cooler temperatures. If you want a good spider deterrent take a cotton ball and add several drops of peppermint supreme essential oil and rub it along the edges of your doors and windows to prevent them from entering your home. Spiders hate peppermint oil and it forms a barrier to prevent arachnid home invasions. 🕷🕷🕷
Yes, I think that is a very cool idea! Thanks for the info on spiders. I actually leave them in my basement so they eat the other bugs. And I remind them when I see them - as long as they stay in the basement I'm good with that. But once they climb those stairs, sorry but outside they go! :sneaky:

Mark Ravenheart

Thanks for the info on spiders. I actually leave them in my basement so they eat the other bugs. And I remind them when I see them - as long as they stay in the basement I'm good with that. But once they climb those stairs, sorry but outside they go! :sneaky:
Yes, you are most welcome @mawbbb. 😊 I am happy to share. I have breathing difficulty so I can't spray pesticides and wouldn't even if I could as they are generally bad for the environment.

I am allergic to the bite of a certain "non-venomous" spider that for me, causes general paralysis so I am serious about keeping spiders out of my home. The spider I speak of is numerous in my state, is aggressive, and can grow to the size of a man's hand.
Paralysis happens when I am bitten in my lower body, I have no idea what type of damage a bite higher up would do. But I do not want to find out.

So, I thought since I don't want to handle spiders by putting them outside, my best bet would be prevention. So I offer it here for anyone else who is not particularly fond of spiders or who are allergic like me. I think spiders are amazing creatures but they not only paralyze me but also make my skin crawl. *(Give me the creeps) and I am much like you, once they enter my personal living space out they go!!!😉 Besides I like the smell of peppermint, reminds me of my grandmother at Christmas time.

Last edited:

TheLastChanceCrone

We could have lunch or go to the zoo together and marvel at the animals
Ohhhhhhh I love this idea. Maybe in Spring we can set something up for a weekend to come down that direction. (Once I have my hip surgery so I can walk without so much pain) We've only explored up here and there are tons of places I have wanted to see plus there is this Scottish Pub that I have wanted to get to as well.

As for spiders - I have the same arrangement that @mawbbb - they can hang out with me in the studio as long as they eat the bugs and not bite me. I am careful when I move stuff around down there to make sure not to totally ruin their space but they get one corner undisturbed. If I see them upstairs I quietly remove them to the outside.

But thanks for the peppermint info. I have a few places that I need to put that on then.