What Is My Spirit Animal
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Spider

Mark Ravenheart

As the temperatures drop, spiders make their way inside the house where it is warm. Spiders are actually delicate creatures and I try not to over-react and smoosh the poor things, preferring to scoop them up and release them outside. However, if I run into a wolf spider I might react because I am allergic to their bite. It temporarily paralyzes me, requiring medical attention. Wolf spiders can get to be about the size of your hand, they are aggressive and will 'charge' at you. They are all over the state in which I live. (Also, there are venomous spiders such as the brown recluse and the black widow).

Instead of being in the situation where I am face to face with this eight-eyed, eight-legged creature, I use Peppermint essential oil because spiders will avoid an area that smells of peppermint. Prevention is the way to go if you dislike spiders. Peppermint oil does no harm to it and if you have a dislike for arachnids it is a great way to keep them out of your home. Place several drops of the oil in warm water, put inside a spray bottle, and mist around window ledges and doors. And remember to shake out your shoes before putting them on your feet. You may wish to mist the inside of your shoes as well.

Last edited:
Before I logged in this morning I saw a post on facebook that spiders also do not like the smell of walnut. I happen to be ok with spiders and if they get into my house i get them into a cup and put them outside in my garden

Most of the time if I find a spider in my basement I leave them there. And it's up to them to avoid being eaten by my cats. If I find them upstairs, I scoop them up and take them outside. My family is amazed by this since I was once bitten by one and it took years to heal. I still have the scar. But I try to live by the creed "Harm None". The spiders I find are small though. Not so sure I'd be able to handle finding a wolf spider inside. 😆

I have heard from various cultures that spiders are "lucky, prosperous".

I have known people that for whatever valid reasons have a "scare" with spiders. I have had people stay with me, while traveling, over the years, and a spider showed up. I honored the persons fear and gathered the spider, via paper or cup or whatever worked in the moment ~ and put the spider outdoors in a spot I felt might be lovely for it {around a tree, specific bushes, and/or some area within a residential section that does not get immediately trampled upon}. I essentially honored the human and the spider, and navigated everything, so all were "well".

I have seen some varied spiders during my times of travel and I was always curious, and aware of any beings around me that were not "okay".
I don't know specifics of spiders {wolf spiders, etc.}.

I like the non-harmful types of tips, in case needed and for certain situations {peppermint essential oil mixed with water in a spray bottle}.

I go for a mini-walk around and within my apartment area, and at night, I bump into spider webs that I can't see. I talk to them ...

I read books galore as a child ~ they were my friends ~ a vast variety ~ Charlotte's Webb was a book I read that became a movie and a re-make of a movie ... I suppose anytime I see a spider, I consider "Charlotte" and all the animals ...

Now, if out in the wilds, well, I would need to inform myself more, and/or have a guide with nature, spiders, etc. and all "being well", so to speak.

@DARKSHINEZ

Wolf spiders are essentially non-venomous, but I had an allergic reaction to the bite of the wolf spider. (I got bit on both inside ankles).

To combat the reaction, I had a nurse who was also a practicing witch perform reiki on me. (I was at a pagan gathering back around 1990)...Then she had me take Benadryl, drink lots of water, and walk about to keep the circulation going. So even though I experienced partial paralysis, I never had to go to a doctor.

I am happy you like the non-harmful tip, (using peppermint oil in warm water). When I had a spider in my home in the past, I have also used a cup to scoop it up and release it outdoors, but it is better for me if I just spray the peppermint oil which the spider will avoid and prevent it from getting inside my home in the first place.

I believe in the medical creed that says, "first do no harm."

@DARKSHINEZ

Wolf spiders are essentially non-venomous, but I had an allergic reaction to the bite of the wolf spider. (I got bit on both inside ankles).

To combat the reaction, I had a nurse who was also a practicing witch perform reiki on me. (I was at a pagan gathering back around 1990)...Then she had me take Benadryl, drink lots of water, and walk about to keep the circulation going. So even though I experienced partial paralysis, I never had to go to a doctor.

I am happy you like the non-harmful tip, (using peppermint oil in warm water). When I had a spider in my home in the past, I have also used a cup to scoop it up and release it outdoors, but it is better for me if I just spray the peppermint oil which the spider will avoid and prevent it from getting inside my home in the first place.

I believe in the medical creed that says, "first do no harm."

Spectacular that you had all needed around the wolf spider.

Thanks for mentioning and educating. :)

I trust you are "do no harm" in your day to day being.

I am aware that we all may live in different spaces and places around the world.

I will, thanks to you, when encountering certain spiders and needing a non-harmful way to deter, recall peppermint oil {in warm water ... and may need to adjust as needed for a particular situation ...}.

Loving survival, harmony 4 all, instincts toolbox.

Hugs + + +

Back