What Is My Spirit Animal
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

A Strange Occurrence...

Mark Ravenheart

I have a beaded obsidian bracelet that is not loose but rather tight on my wrist. (tight enough to leave impressions of the stones on the skin.) Ya have to stretch the bracelet and roll it over your hand and down onto your wrist, stretching it so that you wonder if the elastic string is gonna break.

I am standing in the kitchen and all of a sudden I hear something hit the floor and it was my bracelet, however, I never felt it go over my hand, it just suddenly fell to the floor. My first thought is the string broke but nope it did not. My hand is a good size (I am big-boned), and I don't see how it could have just fallen off of my wrist without me feeling it roll off of my hand even if I was relaxed. As a matter of fact, it scared me and I came straight to the computer to write this thread. It seems the bracelet jumped off of my wrist without warning.

Any idea what this means?

Does obsidian not want to work with me anymore? Could it have been protecting me from something I could not see? Was it a warning sign??? etc?

Last edited:
Wondering which wrist you were wearing it on to start with. I was always taught to wear bracelets on the left. As that is the hand engery is drawn in by.

The reason i am thinking it came off is that at this moment in time, you no longer need to wear it at the moment, but keep it close by ready for the next time. Which is why it did not break to me. Could also be that its overloaded and needs a really good cleanse. Letting you know in this way, so maybe do this more often.

Basically it has helped you to ground at this moment. It possibly knows you are grounded enough for now.

This is just quick fire off the top of my head at 6am Hope it helps though. 😁 🥰🦋

Hi @Pearlized,

I was wearing it on my left wrist. I tend to think it had done its job and I was grounded enough for now, as you have said. At any rate, it is as if it passed through my arm on its way to the floor. I was very surprised that it had fallen off.

I did leave the bracelet off for now and started wearing my puka shell bracelet. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but I do wear a ring, a bracelet, and a pendant. My ring is (always) blue topaz, my current pendant is Amethyst, and my bracelet is puka shell. Oh yeah, and I have a piece of tektite in my pocket.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your insights.

So, I'm getting that it's done with you but not the way you think. There's something that you know you need to put your foot (flippers) down about and you're not. Obsidian is a Base Chakra stone (no scientific proof of that, just a theory in all the books) but if it is (and I think it is) that means it's time to 'put your back into it'...whatever 'it' is. Hope that helps!

Wondering which wrist you were wearing it on to start with. I was always taught to wear bracelets on the left. As that is the hand engery is drawn in by.

The reason i am thinking it came off is that at this moment in time, you no longer need to wear it at the moment, but keep it close by ready for the next time. Which is why it did not break to me. Could also be that its overloaded and needs a really good cleanse. Letting you know in this way, so maybe do this more often.

Basically it has helped you to ground at this moment. It possibly knows you are grounded enough for now.

This is just quick fire off the top of my head at 6am Hope it helps though. 😁 🥰🦋

Ooo that's interesting! I've learned to put the stones/bracelets on whatever wrist you want that stone/gem to work with as regards feminine/male energies. Now, the left hand is thought to be the 'feminine' side and, so, receptive - hence supporting your "As that is the hand energy is drawn in by"...

Hope that helps!

Ooh I love your story and this thread!!

It's funny how we all have a different interpretation of what side of your body you were wearing it. I have only been working with crystals for 3yrs, but I have found when working with bracelets that the left side is the receiving side and the left side is the expression side. So, whatever you wish to receive you wear on your left wrist and what you wish to bring forth into the world you wear on your right. For where I am I wear my protection stones on my left wrist, and other stones on my right, like maybe carnelian for creative expression or lepiodite for peace and calm, on my right side.

Maybe your obsidain wishes to be elsewhere in your home; instead of on your body perhaps it wishes to sit by your front door to protect you.

I think trusting your own feelings and intuition regarding the stone/situation is integral in the interpretation. Perhaps it was overloaded and just needs a cleanse before wearing it again. A lot of protective stones need to be cleansed often for the amount of negativity they absorb.

If you look up the Obsidian stone meaning and healing, I feel you will gain more clarity in the situation.

"For anyone looking to communicate with loved ones that have passed, the shiny surface of the black obsidian stone is said to act as a portal to facilitate this communication, and it is the material often used for crystal balls."

Sorry, I forgot to copy the website link for that quote but I am being nagged by spirit to include it for you.

Last edited:
It occurs to me that I had tektite in my pocket do ya think maybe these two stones don't work together?
At any rate, I removed the bracelet and will cleanse it and charge it with sun and/or moonlight in preparation for the next time around.
I also own two pieces of tektite...I don't think that the tektite interfered in any way...after cleansing crystals we infuse them with our intentions and "program" them for what we need/what they can provide. As is with anything, it is a relationship.

I personally think the two would work magically together!! One is a grounding and shamanic, the other is linked to meteorites and extra terrestrials. "As above, so below." Maybe they want to work together just in a different way. Like keeping the bracelet in your pocket along side the tektite?

I also own two pieces of tektite...I don't think that the tektite interfered in any way...after cleansing crystals we infuse them with our intentions and "program" them for what we need/what they can provide. As is with anything, it is a relationship.

I personally think the two would work magically together!! One is a grounding and shamanic, the other is linked to meteorites and extra terrestrials. "As above, so below." Maybe they want to work together just in a different way. Like keeping the bracelet in your pocket along side the tektite?
Love your thoughts and questions @Lily ... keeps things open for each of us to discover within ourselves. xo's 🥰😌💝✨🌈🌗🌻

Back