What Is My Spirit Animal
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Question of the Week 10/1: What Healing Modalities do you Use/Trust?

OK here is what we did to help hubby with his PTSD when mainstream therapy did not help. It actually does not work for everyone so.

First our own Dr would not give him sleep meds as she said they would not help him in the way needed. He would feel sluggish and doped up the mornings after he took them She instead urged me to find an essential oil blend instead. She already knew i used them and was very aware of how they can work when used correctly. She knew i understood all the safety aspects with them So i went away and researched, cross referenced and developed one that could be used effectively. Hubby loves it when its needed. I share it with anyone who needs the same help. Only a few weeks back someone came and thanked me for blending it up for them a couple of years ago. They then passed on half of it to someone else i know. They both loved it and were so happy it worked as it was meant. So for them no more bad night terrors. Yea its gone world wide too.

The other thing we did when it was offered was EFT or Tapping therapy. WOW i mean just WOW. That worked so well he has only needed 4 sessions, 3 of them over a couple of days and one top up by Skype. While there is no cure, his is managed very well at the moment. He can have episodes, but nothing like what they were in the beginning. The last bad one where i had to call for help, {{ He was in suicidal mode }} was around 2 years ago.

So if it is something i can fix with essential oils i do. That said i dont mess about when it comes to serious stuff. Then i do go to the Dr first. I myself have health issues that oils wont fix or control, so yea the meds route it has to be.

I have plenty of stories here to support at least for my body and my husband's for our pain management and health. Mind you - it's not the end all be all as we still have our doctors but I have had results with these

Trained old school Reiki (Some of these off shoots are just...)
Acupressure/Acupuncture
Herbal Medicine
Sound Frequency (And I was an extreme doubter but I listen to different frequency music for my pain and WOW.....)

Somatic ...
Herbal ~ what works singularly and/or in combination daily, "seasons", in certain situations, with imbalances in my body, etc.
Varied Meditations ~ silence, guided, walking, varied breathing, sounds, with any task {washing dishes, grocery shopping, etc.}
Working with a "healing" practitioner whenever I meet one that feels to be a match, both sides

Update: adding ...

Dance It Out and again Dance It Out ~ can be slow and easy, fast, varied with music. {Loving appreciation Wild Pack for mentioning this}.

The Ocean ~ I have access to it. I need to lovingly remind myself to go to it.

Mini Walks, and any other Mini Movements or Somethings ~ ex: going outside, looking at the sky, taking a drive with windows down {music playing or not, depending on what is needed in the moments}; this is / can be meditation as well.

SoundBaths {not been to a live one in too long to recall now; yet found something on youtube that I bookmarked and remind myself to go to}. Note: I put on one of the youtube sound baths I found for an elderly pet I cared for while its humans were traveling, and it soothed, quite lovingly, and more.

Whenever I "can" {many factors to be in alignment for a "yes"}, I will hire for bodywork ~ massage mostly, and if I find a trusted human for "healing / energy" work with the body and touch, I welcome and cherish it. *I don't find this "easy to find", yet it exists.

And, I thought of this as I am updating and typing ~ going to the ARK {@Mama Bear 's deck; and other Oracle and/or Tarot decks I love {imagery / artistry within decks that I attract to}, and asking something simple, such as, "what do I need to know now, this moment?" Sometimes, I use the ARK deck {@Mama Bear} and another deck or two, and commune with the messages, and then percolate with them, if and / as needed. I notice and am aware of what comes into my worlds within the moments and sometimes days around a card or cards.

Last edited:
I have plenty of stories here to support at least for my body and my husband's for our pain management and health. Mind you - it's not the end all be all as we still have our doctors but I have had results with these

Trained old school Reiki (Some of these off shoots are just...)
Acupressure/Acupuncture
Herbal Medicine
Sound Frequency (And I was an extreme doubter but I listen to different frequency music for my pain and WOW.....)
Music is most definitely a healer. You can find pieces that work for different issues. So sound healing would tie into that. Very interesting topic.

Sound/music
Herbal Medicine
Reiki
Acupressure
Breathing exercises
Meditation
Hypnosis/self-hypnosis
Love, if that doesn't work they say to increase the dose. 💙💚💜

I have used all of these for everything from severe, prolonged trauma(s) to spider bites and headaches with success, but I still mix it up with mainstream modalities for certain things such as clinical depression and panic disorder, etc.

Last edited:
Music is most definitely a healer
Though I have found out something also - Music is an emotional connection maker on our brain patterns. Therefore I personally have songs that I won't play because they will trigger trauma because they are so connected to the time the trauma happened. That being said, I've been doing what's called overlay mashups. Finding someone who has created a new song from mashing some other song with something else.

This a great topic. I use a variety of modalities from a variety of sources and traditions. It is very eclectic system: Western medicine I use for somethings and I interview every doctor to see if they are a good fit for me. I have a complicated and interesting medical set of conditions. I also am allergic to most pharmaceutical meds or easily become so. I take mostly minerals, essential oils and some vitamins. I do quite a bit of stretching, chair yoga and walking. I am also trained as practitioner and trainer for 6 mental health modalities. In the more eastern medicine area I a practitioner of reiki, energy healing/work, chakra balancing, sound therapy. I am also trained in trauma work, tantra, art therapy, and journaling as a therapeutic system. It's been a calling to help others with my lived experiences. As I have become an expert on me, I give back by assisting others in becoming an expert on themselves. Sorry I got long winded but this topic is very near and dear to me and my path.

Though I have found out something also - Music is an emotional connection maker on our brain patterns. Therefore I personally have songs that I won't play because they will trigger trauma because they are so connected to the time the trauma happened. That being said, I've been doing what's called overlay mashups. Finding someone who has created a new song from mashing some other song with something else.
That's sounds super cool and an excellent example of making something that works for oneself and putting it in a treasure chest that is comprised of all that supports, loves + oneself in the moments of life, and as needed for varied situations.

When I need to "dance it out", I often listen to Girl Talk; his mashups are epic! 🤟💃
Love "Dancing It Out". A tool in my Treasure Chest. I have a mug that says "dance it out" and is halloweeny ~ a favorite of mine! I can forget this tool, to dance it out, and need to lovingly remind myself to "DANCE IT OUT". :))

Back