What Is My Spirit Animal
Join our tribe today and walk
the mystical path with fellow souls.

Registration is free, join today!

Ask Mama Bear Anything About Psychic Development

Mama Bear and community!

I guess I have two questions that coincide...Discernment has been my focus this year. I have had numerous types of psychic experiences and when they happen spontaneously they are 100% accurate. When I try to hone in on certain gifts, however, it is less so. I am wondering if, because of past trauma, it takes me longer to get into theta state and therefore it would benefit me to clear out all of my chakras first to become that hollow bone to receive messages "on demand"?
I know I have been shown all of these gifts in order to someday show others that they are capable of these gifts as well. I am wondering if anyone has any psychic exercises that can help with tapping into these gifts on a deeper level? Or any meditations on youtube or any tips on clearing blocks from your chakras?

Hi, Lily;

The first exercise I can offer is to take whatever steps necessary to stop thinking of psychic/clairvoyant/mediumship abilities as 'gifts'. Humans are indoctrinated/trained to think of a gift as something outside of the themselves that's been bestowed upon them by an outside energy/force. That which can be given may be taken away. So, there's always a subcurrent of fear inside when we think of these natural abilities as 'gifts'.

The next exercise is to understand/accept that we all have strong areas - naturally - that's nature. But there's a nurture component. In this, I've seen the 'weakest' psychic/medium set their mind to develop and now they're some of the most tapped in readers I know.

I can't speak to trauma blocking you from theta state but I absolutely can report that the whole 'gift' thing will stop you every time. The other thing I can report is that trauma survivors make MANY of the most effective and genuine healers and readers. We (including me) never forget our traumas. We just work to heal as well as we can, then learn to live with a bad neighbor. Meaning, you can't unsee or unexperience what you've seen and experienced. But you can great diminish the effect trauma has on your life.

Next, what's the intention when you seek these psychic messages? Is there one set or do you just open up and allow an energetic free-for-all in your Crown Chakra, Third Eye, Heart or Solar Plexus Chakra? No good will come of that. It can be wildly confusing. If you do want to remain open at all times (something I stttrroonnggggllllyyyy recommend against) then set intentions. For instance:

A. Issue a specific and detailed invitation: "Today I will only be open to receive psychic messages for X,Y, or Z."

B. Other psychics are totally OK receiving messages for others who have not given them permission to look into their energy. Based on the ethics I set for myself - it's a big no-no and completely outside good ethical boundaries. None of us want someone looking through our diary without permission. I see it as the same thing but FAR more invasive.

Sure hope that helps you move forward!

Mama Bear!

This helps TREMENDOUSLY!! Thank you. I'm having problems stringing sentences together so I will respond more specifically as soon as I can organize my thoughts better lol But what you say is super super helpful and I truly appreciate you taking time to respond to my question.
Much love and respect!! 🐻💖💖💖

@Mama Bear, I have a question about conversing with those, (in this case; loved ones), who have passed. I was awake last night in the middle of the night and took the time to have a heart-to-heart talk with family members who have transitioned. I was able to say a lot of things that I wasn't able to articulate when they were physically present.

So my question concerns a feeling of energy that wrapped around my body at a point just about 2 inches below my navel. It seemed to emanate from a point one or two inches below my "belly button" and it felt like I was being "tickled".

I don't know if others get this feeling or not, but I am wondering if this feeling tends to accompany conversations with those who have passed thru the veil? I also wonder what this sensation was and why it persisted for at least an hour after the end of the conversation? Is it part of psychic "sensing" such as clairsentience? Or is it an overactive chakra or something of that nature? Or could it be something about the way I process information? Anyway, I think you get the gist of my line of questioning.

Your thoughts are most welcome and I thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I am sure mama bear will have more insight, but I'll share something I learned. Many years ago I knew a man who studied Eastern cultures, particularly Japan. He told me the WA is located near your belly button. It is a core of strength and will. If I understand correctly it also stirs with peaceful unity and harmony with a group with whom you want to continue building strong ties.

@Mama Bear, I have a question about conversing with those, (in this case; loved ones), who have passed. I was awake last night in the middle of the night and took the time to have a heart-to-heart talk with family members who have transitioned. I was able to say a lot of things that I wasn't able to articulate when they were physically present.

So my question concerns a feeling of energy that wrapped around my body at a point just about 2 inches below my navel. It seemed to emanate from a point one or two inches below my "belly button" and it felt like I was being "tickled".

I don't know if others get this feeling or not, but I am wondering if this feeling tends to accompany conversations with those who have passed thru the veil? I also wonder what this sensation was and why it persisted for at least an hour after the end of the conversation? Is it part of psychic "sensing" such as clairsentience? Or is it an overactive chakra or something of that nature? Or could it be something about the way I process information? Anyway, I think you get the gist of my line of questioning.

Your thoughts are most welcome and I thank you in advance.
Arroooo!!!

This is an AWESOME question! Just briefly, YES to all your questions except for overactive chakra. Here's what this means...

#1 - Science show us that there a jilliondy more nuerons in the stomach than there are in the brain. It's being researched and there is a tremendous body of evidence to show that we may have been wrong about some emotions, pain, etc., starting in the brain. The research and proof is showing that perhaps much information that we once thought started in the brain actually begins in your gut and then is transmitted to your brain. Hence, the old adage "gut feeling".

#2 - Is there any history with these loved ones about you being tickled, or them being tickled? I ask because you specifically mentioned the sensation of being "tickled" - so if there is a "thing" with this, that could easily be how they reached outto you, because that is a familiar thing that would let you know they're hearing you, speaking to you.

#3 - Nothing that you've described and nothing I'm psychically feeling tells me that you have an overactive Sacral Chakra, or Solar Plexus Chakra for that matter.

So, at the end of the day, you're "normal"! Hope that helps!

Love,
Mama Bear

Hello everyone, I'm having a little trouble getting into meditation. Does any one have a wonderful idea to learn to let go of the day to drop in to relax?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

Hello everyone, I'm having a little trouble getting into meditation. Does any one have a wonderful idea to learn to let go of the day to drop in to relax?
For me, meditating comes easier when I allow my body to move. Have you tried a walking meditation? Or even yoga? Meditation doesn't always mean we have to make everything still, our minds and bodies sometimes crave the movement. I don't know if that is helpful or not for you, but I felt compelled to share. :)

@Coffeemountainpolarbear asked "Just starting psychic work. If anyone has any tips or tricks I’d be interested starting from the ground up but starting lol"

It's a GREAT question and one many of us have had at one time or another. Let's help each other learn and grow as psychics because that better opens us up as Shaman, animal communicators, mediums, and healers.

Here's my answer for @Coffeemountainpolarbear...

Before I can fully answer I need to know the following:

1. When you say 'starting psychic work' - do you mean you're starting a psychic business or you're starting to explore your abilities and want a tip off point for doing so?

2. What is your goal? I ask because by knowing your goal - or, at least, the goal as it stands today - I can better assist because my advice will be specific to your stated desired outcome. Why do I sound like a lawyer this morning? LOL
My question…when are your development classes open for enrollment? lol but yeah seriously when?! 😂

Be patient with yourself start with shorter length of meditation and focus on your breathing when your mind wonders ( oh because it will) chose to redirect your focus back to your breathing repeat this process and increase you meditation lengths when you notice significant changes 🤗 from a struggling meditator 😂

For me, meditating comes easier when I allow my body to move. Have you tried a walking meditation? Or even yoga? Meditation doesn't always mean we have to make everything still, our minds and bodies sometimes crave the movement. I don't know if that is helpful or not for you, but I felt compelled to share. :)
Good advice I do find more success personally with walking meditation out in nature!

Mama Bear and community!

I guess I have two questions that coincide...Discernment has been my focus this year. I have had numerous types of psychic experiences and when they happen spontaneously they are 100% accurate. When I try to hone in on certain gifts, however, it is less so. I am wondering if, because of past trauma, it takes me longer to get into theta state and therefore it would benefit me to clear out all of my chakras first to become that hollow bone to receive messages "on demand"?
I know I have been shown all of these gifts in order to someday show others that they are capable of these gifts as well. I am wondering if anyone has any psychic exercises that can help with tapping into these gifts on a deeper level? Or any meditations on youtube or any tips on clearing blocks from your chakras?
That hone in and getting static is totally normal. The harder you try the less you get 😂 well for me in the beginning anyways. To be totally honest practice practice and more practice and now after over two years of weekly development classes where I practice still lol helped, I have now moved beyond this and working on new challenges for where I am now in my development. Trust in yourself! 🤗

Mama Bear and community!

This chakra clearing thing you will find all kinds of hour long processes etc to be honest it isn’t as complicated as it’s made out to be. You are very powerful you can visualize each one being cleared one at a time and guess what you just cleared your own chakras! 🤗 spend a small amount of time everyday for one week keep a journal of changes your feelings responses etc etc at the end of the week compare your Friday to your Monday feelings to prove to yourself just how powerful you are cause you are not going to just take it from me 😂 🤗 update me if you try it would love to hear from ya 🤗

Hi I have a question, or should i say my hubby has a question he would like to know the answer to. So here goes.

My hubby can feel, hear and sometimes see spirits, but only after he has had a few drinks. It may only take 1 if they are strong enough to get through to him. Could be 3 or 4 if they need him to be more open.

There have been times when its been very interesting for him, then times when they are not very pleasant and i have to step in and either get him out of the place, or even tell them myself to leave him alone, even though i cannot sense them at all. I just know by his reaction to them at first, then how he responds.

It happened on Sunday in a pub at the coast. At first he felt a light touch on his leg, that he thought was a draught coming down the chimney at the side of him. Nope it was sealed up. It was only after i had gone outside and read a plaque about the place, then sent him out to read it too, that he knew where it was coming from. It had made him very emotional and he had to tell her no, after i had walked away saying. "" Nope i am not dealing with anything like this today I dont WANT to deal with it"" He said she left him alone at that point as it must have felt my strength.

I have tried to find out more about the pub as it was an old one, right on the harbour front. So far not much luck.

He is wanting to know WHY he only knows they are there AFTER a few drinks. I have said maybe its because his barriers come down and his Third eye opens up. Funny how he was taught a meditation where he gently massages where his Third eye is.

Any answers would be really helpful to us both.

I would agree with you about barriers. Historically, all types of methods have been used for contacting spirits, including mind-altering substances. Generally, as a society, we are not taught that such abilities are "normal" - so we fear them, misunderstand them, and never get to learn how to use them effectively. Your presence seems to be a cornerstone for safety.

For your husband, this is particularly hard because he never knows what kind of beasty is trying to get his attention. Spirits obviously know he's got the gift, and some will try and abuse it. Then too, is it a spirit, a ghost, a memory imprint, a haunting? He could run into all of them! He was right to put his foot down. He has the right to say NO, firmly and without second-guessing himself IMO

The problem with spirits is that they have no real regard for space (lol). There was a day at work when one was being rather insistent, so I "closed the door" in its face so to speak. My home has a "knock first" policy for spirits, even my dad. You know those signs on people's front doors. I put one up on the entire house like wrapping paper LOL. Seems to work pretty well.

There was another occurance that i forgot about. @Grasshopper That happened the day before.

We had gone looking for some shops i had a list for, 3 altogether which we found 2 of. 1 of them was your typical metaphysical shop, with purple paintwork outside and all the usual goods in the window. I went in and i thought he was behind me. Nope, he said at that point that the smell was too strong for him, which confused me as it was just a mild smell of an insence.

He later told me that when tried to follow me in, something seemed to stop him. He said he could not get past the threshold. He felt he had to look up and could feel something not right about the upper floor. Something dark about it. As the shop was only on the ground floor, i can only asume that at some point way way back in time, something had happened and he felt the residual energy of whatever went on up there. Oh and that way before lunch so no drinking.

There are a lot of old building where we were, so thats all i could think of, as he has not reacted so strongly to anything like this before. No matter how old.

@Pearlized The list of reasons 'why' is pretty long and none of them 'proveable'. Below you'll find an abbreviated list of possibilities. Sure hope it helps.

Hubby might have increased psychic and medium experiences while drinking because:

1. His inhibitions and doubts are dulled meaning his Third Eye might be more open.

2. Because he is not in a protected state it's 'might' be easier for spirits to connect but be careful - that means good and harmful can make better contact.

3. There is a whole science between alcohol and how it affects brain wave patterns. Theta state is the most conducive to psychic activity. It's one of the theories of why children can easily see and hear spirit until they hit maybe 4 or 5 years old. Children's brain wave function is in permanent Theta state till they around those ages. That said, alcohol has been noted to decrease Theta waves by half of a person who has ingested no alcohol. BUT I have read studies that show alcohol increases Theta state so I'm unsure which is correct. That said, alcohol impairs motor function and congnitive ability. Sometimes when we can take our attention of what we think is reality we can see what is really there.

4. Sounds like the places y'all visited are powerful centers for activity. I mean, it's England and the whole country is chock full of that kind of thing.

5. At the shop where he wouldn't go in - could be a past life of his or he encountered the 'memory' of that place.

Stay wild,
Mama Bear

I have the job of explaining what an evidential psychic medium is, to my niece, and I want to be correct in my description. @Mama Bear would you please briefly explain, what is an evidential medium? I would much rather you explain if you would not mind.

Thank you,
M. Ravenheart

Last edited:
Back