Crow Facts & Trivia
- Crows live all over the world, except for Antarctica.
- Crows are members of the Corvidae family
- There are about 45 species of crow worldwide
- Mating crows will stay together for many years and even life.
- A common crow will live for about seven years.
- Crows are emotional and will display anger, sadness and happiness.
- Crows are considered song birds.
- Crows have great memories often hiding food in many places and remembering where it is.
- Suburban crows require only 10% of the nesting area a country crow will require.
- Crows will crush an ant and rub it odor on their body like a perfume.
- Pet crows will give their owner’s names a specific sound.
- Female crows like a mate for life, but males will cheat.
- Crows are omnivorous.
- Crow body length ranges from 15-18 inches
- A group of crows is called a “murder.”
- Crows nest in groups of up to 1000 mainly at night.
- The average height for a crow’s nest is about 24 feet.
- Crows travel as far as 40 miles each day from evening roost sites to daytime feeding areas.
- Crows will drop a nut on a street so that a car will run over it and crack it.
- Crows congregate in large numbers in winter to sleep in common roosts.
- The first crows in fact appeared in Miocene, 17 million years ago, in Australia and Oceania.
- Crows are very caring and social animals.
- A crow can imitate a human voice, much like a parrot.
- Crows have been known to carry the West Nile virus.
- American crows are thriving, particularly in association with suburban areas.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Family: Corvidae
- Genus: Linnaeus
- Heckle and Jeckle 1946
- Dumbo 1941 (Crows)
- A Crow On My Shoulder , by Autumn Blaze
- Black Crow Blues, by Bob Dylan
- Black Crow , by Jackson Browne
- Black Crow , by Joni Mitchell
- Crow On The Cradle , by Joni Mitchell
- Greet the Sacred Crow , by Primus
- Lonesome Crow, by The Scorpions
- Heckle and Jeckle, from Cartoons
- Old Crow, from Whiskey
***Special Note About Comments***
WhatIsMySpiritAnimal.com is SO blessed to receive TONS of readers and commenters from all over the globe. We have thousands of participants and I would love to personally respond to each comment and question. Though I'm trying to figure out how to be more like the Octopus and have eight arms to work with, for now I only have two. This means I can only respond as time allows. If your Spirit, Totem, or Power Animal question is deeply important to you, perhaps you'll consider booking a Shamanic Spirit Animal Reading with me.