Eagle Facts & Trivia
- There are over 60 different species of eagles
- Eagles have powerful talons that help them catch their prey
- Eagles have large, hooked beaks.
- Eagles will eat reptiles, mammals, fish and birds.
- Eagle will typically lay two eggs at once, which will hatch in about 30 days.
- Eagles are found in all parts of the world.
- Adult male eagles generally weigh about 9 pounds.
- Adult eagles have a wing span of up to 7 feet.
- Eagles are a member of the Accipitridae family.
- Bald eagles live along the coast and on major lakes and rivers where they feed mainly on fish.
- The bald eagle is the national bird of the United States.
- The Great Seal of the United States features a bald eagle.
- Bald eagles aren’t actually bald
- Eagles are featured on the coat of arms of many countries such as Germany, Egypt, Mexico, Austria, and Poland
- Eagles may live into their thirties.
- An eagle’s talons will capture their prey and they will use their bill to clip the spinal cord of their prey.
- An eagle can carry a load of about 30% more than their own body weight.
- An eagle will have several thousand feathers, but that amounts to only 5% of their body
- Bald eagles have lived up to 48 years in zoos.
- Bald eagles breed in much of Alaska.
- About half of the world’s 70,000 bald eagles live in Alaska.
- Rather than do their own fishing, Bald Eagles often go after other creatures’ catches.
- No North American bird grows faster than an eagle chick.
- Eagles tend to use the same nests year after year.
- The largest bald eagle nest on record was 9.5 ft (3 m) wide and 20 ft (6 m) high. It weighed more than two tons.
- Eagles are monogamous. They mate for life and use the same nest each year.
- Golden eagles have been known to hunt foxes, wild cats and even young deer and goats.
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Chordata
- Class: Aves
- Order: Falconiformes
- Family: Accipitridae
- The Eagle, (2011)
- G.I. Joe: An American Hero, (2005)
- Harry Potter, (2001)
- The Lord of the Rings, (1999)
- The Rescuers Down Under, (1990)
- Iron Eagle, (1986)
- Where Eagles Dare, (1969)
- The Wings of Eagles, (1957)
- Comfort Eagle, by Cake
- Day of the Eagle, by Robin Trower
- Eagle, by ABBA
- Eagle Fly Free, by Shaman
- Eagle When She Flies, by Dolly Parton
- Fly Eagle Fly, by White Heart
- Fly Like an Eagle, The Steve Miller Bandby
- Half Angel Half Eagle, by Jane Siberry
- On The Wings of an Eagle, by Raven
- Rocky Mountain High, by John Denver
- Silver Eagle Express , by Kink Friedman
- The Eagle, by Waylon Jennings
- The Eagle and the Bear, by Kris Kristofferson
- The Eagle and the Hawk, by John Denver
- The Eagle Will Rise Again, by Alan Parsons Project
- When The Eagle Flies, by Traffic
- Where the Stars and Stripes and Eagle Fly, by Aaron Tippin
- Wings of an Eagle, by Ziggy Marley
- Avenger, from Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
- Bald Eagle, the symbol of the United States
- Chip, in “The Little Engine That Could”
- Farsight, from The Last Battle (C.S. Lewis)
- Freedom, from G.I. Joe: An American Hero
- Gondo, from Zambezia
- Marahute, from The Rescuers Down Under
- Ravenclaw, the symbol of the house in the “Harry Potter” series
- Sam the Eagle, from The Muppet Show
- Silver Wing, from Shaman King
- Sitka, from Brother Bead
- Simorgh, from Comics
- Takaoka, from Damekko Dobutsu
- Thorondor, Gwaihir, Landroval , from The Lord of the Rings
***Special Note About Comments***
WhatIsMySpiritAnimal.com is SO blessed to receive TONS of readers and commenters from all over the globe. We have thousands of participants and I would love to personally respond to each comment and question. Though I'm trying to figure out how to be more like the Octopus and have eight arms to work with, for now I only have two. This means I can only respond as time allows. If your Spirit, Totem, or Power Animal question is deeply important to you, perhaps you'll consider booking a Shamanic Spirit Animal Reading with me.
Do you have questions about a Spirit, Totem, or Power Animal encounter or dream? Are you seeking clarity and deep insight regarding your relationships, career, finance, or soul's purpose? With over 20 years of psychic medium and Shamanic Journeying experience, I can connect with The Great Spirit and your animal allies to bring you answers. Book your Shamanic Spirit Animal Reading, today!